Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon - Roxburghshire - Ref RL11282
Fixed Term Contract
Our clients are currently seeking a Small Animal Vet, 12-month maternity cover. 4.5-day week, 1:3 Saturday mornings, no OOH.
They need an enthusiastic, experienced small animal Vet to join them for 12 months.
What they can offer you:
• Varied 1st opinion caseload, mostly cats, dogs and rabbits.
• 15 minute appointments for routine things, 30 minutes for euthanasia’s/ blood sampling etc.
• Opportunities to consult and operate equally shared between the team.
• Working day usually 8.30am – 6pm (8am start on operating day), and they nearly always get away for lunch! The last consulting appointment is 5.30pm.
• Support of an experienced and friendly team of Vets, most of them have been with the practice for 4 years plus.
• 1:3 Saturday mornings are sole charge 8am – 12pm, but you will have a reception team and experienced nurse to support you.
• OOH provider in house, so no need to transfer patients from day practice to another site. This gives them good case continuity, and they have an excellent working relationship with their OOH team. There are occasionally opportunities to cover shifts for the OOH team if you would like to.
• Salary dependant on experience, but up to £42, 000 for full time hours.
• 33 days holiday per year (pro rata for part time)
• CPD encouraged and funded - 5 days annually with £1750 budget (pro rata for part time)
Staff dogs welcome, staff discounts on products (cost price) and services (50% discount)
Bike to work scheme
Enhanced sickness cover and income protection (after a qualifying period).
They are happy to help you find accommodation if you are relocating.
For more information call directly on 01392 444115 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the following reference number when you apply