Registered Veterinary Nurse - Bedfordshire - JA10599
Registered Veterinary Nurse
My client is looking for a registered veterinary nurse to join their busy, friendly practice in Bedfordshire.
Hours are based on a 40 hour week with a 1-7 Out of hours (night and weekends) weekends are surgery 8.30-12.30 Saturday morning and then on call until 8am Monday morning.
Salary depending on experience.
CPD £500 per year and 5 days
20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (if worked then take one day off in lieu)
Busy surgical practice and training practice with the appeal of specialising encouraged.
• Admit and discharge patients for routine operations.
• Keep up to date with preventative healthcare, product knowledge and practice policies so clients can be advised accurately.
• Run nurse clinics.
• Ensure correct disposal of clinical waste.
• Ensure all SOP’s are always adhered to in all areas of work to include surgical nursing, inpatient nursing, nursing clinics, late nurse’s duties, night duties, and weekend duties.
• Ensure effective stock control and rotation.
• Ensure the highest standard of nursing care is always delivered to all patients.
• Maintain accurate client and patient medical records at all times to include computer updates, hospital, and anaesthetic forms.
• Be fully aware of all Health & Safety issues and read all information supplied.
• Be competent and adhere to practice protocols in the following tasks; monitoring anaesthetics, venepuncture, urine collection, skin scrapes, taking/processing radiographs, assist with MRI/CT scanning, performing routine laboratory procedures, maintenance of tubes and drains, gowning & gloving to assist aseptically in theatre, under veterinary direction anesthetise and intubate, scale and polish teeth, administer enemas, calculate and administer medications.
• Dispense repeat prescriptions.
• Assist with reception duties as required.
• Assist the veterinary surgeons as required.
• Communicate with clients as required – inpatients care/nurse clinics/reception duties.
• Assist with training student veterinary nurses.
• Carry out schedule three procedures if suitably trained and registered
• Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning is carried out to a high standard
• Maintain & clean all equipment in the appropriate manner- see SOPS.
• Carry out stock orders when required and assist with the stock take.
• Ensure all areas are adequately stocked at the end of the day.
• When greeting new clients or working on Reception, follow the 5 key steps to successful call handling:
For more information on this role please call Joe on 01392 249646
Email CVs to Jabraham@jhprecruitment.com
Please quote the following reference number when you apply