Head Veterinary Nurse**Independent practice** – Northumberland – ref:CE10592
Registered Veterinary Nurse
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head nurse to join this independent practice in Northumberland. You would be leading a team of 5 nurses at this dedicated small animal practice. The hours are flexible with the practice happy to take someone on a 4 or 5 day a week basis or work the shifts around other commitments such as school times. You will receive 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays and an additional day per year up to 5 years.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to help nurture a genuine compassionate and caring environment for staff and for patients. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A high standard of customer and patient care. A team player who can motivate others. Strong organisational and time management skills. Confident, approachable, and flexible.
Responsibilities and duties:
· Responsible for leading the Nursing team at the branch.
· Responsible for all aspects of management of the nursing team.
· To act as a role model to all clinical staff, demonstrating clinical and leadership credibility.
· Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of administration.
· Work alongside the management team to ensure the smooth running of the branch.
· Ensure administration, equipment and stock requirements are completed accurately and timeously.
· Creation of and adherence to policies, procedures and best practice provide supportive guidance towards implementation and improvement where necessary.
· Assist receptions staff when necessary, including training reception staff in relevant aspects of veterinary nursing care.
· Manage a caring and compassionate nursing team who provide excellent patient care and customer service.
· Responsible for the management of the clinical areas.
· Allocate nurses and nursing tasks where required.
· Monitor and manage the clinical diary, appointments, and operations.
· Manage good communication between the clinical and administrative teams.
· Participate in the hiring and training of new nurses and student nurses.
· Oversee nurse clinics.
· Manage nurse rotas and absences in coordination with the management team.
· Coordinate with the nursing team leads at our other branches.
· Maintain professional nursing standards in accordance with RCVS guidelines.
· Understand and prioritise the needs of the practice as a whole.
If this position could be of interest, or for any more information, please contact Catherine on 01392 249139 or email your CV directly to email@example.com
Please quote the following reference number when you apply